.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Clocky or Cats?

As someone who struggles daily against the wake-up calls of the digital morning menace, I can appreciate the efforts of those savvy MIT engineers who understand that necessity is the mother of invention. Introducing . . . . Clocky.


My cat, however, would probably feel as though his role were usurped. Moses, the little guy, lets me know when its time to eat by pushing the "start button" to wake me up. That is, he walks around on my bladder. Personally, I think that cats are far superior alarm clocks, barring any allergies. I feel guiltily beholden to Moses when he asks me to feed him, and I must stumble out of bed to satisfy his every hunger-driven whim. In fact, I can be quite a sucker and let him con me into feeding him a second time if I'm not sufficienly awake to remember that I've already done so. Clocky, on the otherhand, can easily be unplugged, turned off, ignored, or broken to satisfy my narcolepsy-driven whims. So, while Clocky may work for those who are feline-impaired, the optimal morning includes a little chow-hound of a cat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

...or, not-so-little guy...

3/23/2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger nugatory said...

Hey, he's just big-boned!

3/23/2005 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home