.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Nugatory Bowling Recap with a German Finish

Tonight concludes Nugatory's run in the law school bowling league. With an average of 123, and a high score of 158, I feel that I served my team respectably, considering that, before January, I most recently bowled in the summer of 1998. Word on the street is that we came in second place. Our dear friend, Wrong Lane (whose alias aptly describes his preferred bowling location), scored a team high of 160 tonight. While a word may already exist for Wrong Lane's four-strikes-in-a-row, I do believe I called it a "Buffalo."


Speaking of words, here are a few German goodies:

Wirtschaftstreuhandgesellschaft - business trust company
Kriegsgefangenenentschadigunggsgesetz - a law pertaining to war reparations

And my personal favorite:
Bundesbahnangestelltenarbeitenwitwe - a widow of a retired federal railway employee

This is a pretty useful word, given the multitudes of women that it describes. Those crazy Germans; they have a word for everything.

Know of any other fascinatingly compounded words?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home