.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 22* today. It was a pretty good day. My mother called at 7:00am because she wanted to be the first to wish me "Happy Birthday." Little does she realize that extra sleep would have been a very nice birthday present, as well. I went to my last class with Professor Rougeau. I'll probably not take another class with him, but I'm glad I got to hang out with him in Contracts for two semesters. He's fun, and somewhat unpredictable. I like that in a professor -- it keeps you on your toes.

Brooke gave me a Haiku greeting card this morning. They're slightly inverted haikus, but they're very cool. Adele sent an electronic greeting. It's pretty funny. It's a nice pastoral scene with spanish guitar. When I played it, my mouse happened to be hovered over the text, and I noticed that the word "joy" was a link, so I clicked. The music changes to heavy metal, the screen turns black, and a roughly drawn little white monster comes on the screen and, in a Cookie Monster voice, says, "Happy Birthday Brian!" The birthday card had an Easter Egg!!

After studying, I went home to prepare for my friends. I invited Alex, Adele, Megan, Kristine, Jaime (who wasn't feeling well), and Brooke to birthday s'ghetti. I made my mom's sauce, and they brought salad, garlic bread and birthday cake (with candles!). They didn't want me to cook at all, so it worked out best that way. We had a lovely time. Adele and Megan had great border-crossing stories, and Kristine is a funny storyteller -- especially about road trips in Germany. The company was lovely, and it was a nice way to spend a birthday evening. Thanks for coming over!

Moses still hasn't recovered from the visitors. He stealth-bit me earlier. As I lay on the couch chatting to my brother, he slowly wandered over, curled up to my feet, nuzzled one and CHOMP! He does not like people in his home. They disturb his routine. Poor little guy. He stares me down from across the room.

It's off to finish my work, talk to K-Woo, and get some sleep. Happy Birthday to me!

















* all over again

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Nugatory!
- Take a Knee

4/22/2005 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home