.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 05, 2005

At Last

I'm done! Soon, I'll be heading back to San Francisco. I can hardly wait . . .

To celebrate the completion of my first year of law school, I joined friends at a local Rum Runners establishment. I had fun, but it certainly wasn't because of the toupee wearin' dirty-old-man piano player. He was so crass! Such dirty "humor." Maybe it's because I'm getting old. Sadly, there were no Etta James tributes. The most talented of the piano players played Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, strangely enough. Do you remember it?

KP's father likes to tell the story about when he found KP as a two-year-old upon the counter with a jar of honey. He resourcefully used the drawers as steps to climb to the cupboard, opened the jar and upended it upon himself. His father found him covered in honey with his hand stuck inside the jar trying to get the bit at the bottom, completely disregarding the honey all over him. In honor of this story, I present a haiku:

Baby likes honey
sticky fingers seek the last
none left in the jar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home