.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Apple

I love my iBook G4. It serves my word-processing educational purposes very well. It only crashes when I have two Microsoft products open at the same time (and I suspect that's a problem with Microsoft), and even then the applications shut down, not the entire computer. It is well designed -- even the packaging was spiffy!

However, I've one significant problem. Perhaps I have crammed three years of "typical use" into nine months. Perhaps I'm a furious typer -- think Rachmaninoff. The letters have worn off many of the keys: e, s d, f, c, n, m, l. Some are only partially erased: v, b, r. If you notice, my left hand seems to be the powerhouse of typing (e, s, d, f, c, v, b, r) whereas the right hand only destroyed l, n, and m. It's not that bad when I'm typing regularly because I never look at the keyboard. However, when, for whatever reason, I have to type a single letter that happens to be one of the erased, I am kind of confused. Do you ever remember telephone numbers by dialing position instead of by number? It's kind of the same thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger brandon said...

Talk to me when your typing emulates beethoven.

Hey. I need your input on a bread conundrum. Are end pieces acceptable to you?

5/11/2005 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home