.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Yay Jimmy!

My brother graduated from college tonight.

While that sentence seems simple enough, it's really quite a big deal. Jimmy was a horrible student in grade school and high school. He hated authority and refused to study. When he graduated from high school, he enlisted in the Navy because my mother gave him a choice: go to school or join the military. Otherwise, he was out of her house and on his own. Nine years after finishing high school, he graduated from college -- a degree engineering with an orange tassel to boot!

What I like most about Jimmy is his honesty, his generosity of spirit and his dedication. Although he can be ferocious at times, he has a twinkle in his eye and warmth in his heart for just about anyone. He works very hard and is devoted to his friends and family.

I know a lot of really smart people, but compared to them, he's a rock star in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home